Have you ever wondered what the word “breakfast” really means? Ok, even if it has never crossed your mind I am going to tell you.. breakfast means break the fast. Your body responds to not eating for hours and hours by slowing down it’s metabolic rate. By eating breakfast, you wake your metabolism up! Try powering up your oatmeal with added super food ingredients to start your day off with an energizing boost.
- 1/2 Cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oatmeal
- 1 Cup Filtered Water
- 1 Spoonful of MCT or Coconut Oil
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Dash of Vinalla Extract
- Cinnamon, To Taste
- 1/2 Ripe Banana
- Fresh or Frozen Berries
- 1 Spoonful of Maca Powder
- Handful of Goji Berries
- Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 TBSP Ground Flax Seed or Chia Seed
- 1 Spoonful of Nutzo or Almond Butter
1. Add oatmeal and water to pot and turn on medium heat.
2. Once oatmeal begin to boil add in sliced banana, coconut oil, vanilla extract, sea salt, and cinnamon and turn down to low heat.
4. Stir in almond butter, maca powder and flax or chia seed. Simmer for 10 min. stirring occasionally.
5. Pour into serving bowl and top with fresh berries, goji berries, pumpkin seeds or nuts. Add a splash of coconut or almond milk for a creamier consistency.