Make Veggies Taste Like Love
August 11, 2016
It’s time to eat your veggies… and like them (GASP)
Deciding to eat healthy is the easy part. Buying various groceries at the store, not that difficult either. Once you’re home staring at that head of cauliflower, you realize you have NO IDEA what to do!
You’ve probably tried eating vegetables raw. Maybe steamed. Perhaps you’ve had them sautéed at a restaurant. However, when it comes to prepping them yourself, you’re not sure where to begin.
Have no fear! I’m sharing my top veggie cookin’ tips so you can up the nutrient content to your meals and discover how to make vegetables taste incredible!
3 Ways to Make Your Veggies Taste Like LOVE
1. Spice Up Your Life
- Lemon, Dill, + Mustard – This is my go-to combo for green beans
- Toss in Pesto – Awesome with zucchini noodles. Bitchin’ Pesto Sauce or Trader Joe’s Vegan Pesto are two delicious dairy free options.
- Bake with Parmesan – Sprinkle parmesan cheese over thinly sliced zucchini + roma tomato slices and bake until the cheese begins to brown
- Balsamic Vinegar – Only the aged kind will do! Drizzle it on anything for a finishing touch or cook to let it thicken up a bit
- Coconut Oil – Adds a bit of sweetness, love it with squash
- Cinnamon + Cayenne – The best way to eat sweet potato fries
- Herbs de Provence – Another good one to sprinkle on while cooking, especially mushrooms
- Smoked Paprika – I particularly love it for grilling
2. Roast Into My Belly
There is something magical about roasting vegetables. They get infused with flavors and turn veggies practically into french fries – don’t knock it before you try it. Roast eggplant, zucchini, onion, carrots, bell peppers, small potatoes, and/or tomatoes, by baking at 400 degrees ºF for 30-45 minutes. Add in herbs, garlic, grape seed or avocado oil, and a healthy dose of sea salt and black pepper. You can’t go wrong.
3. Perfect Pairing
Veggies on their own (especially when raw) can be a bit bland. Have you ever attempted to gnaw on a plain piece of celery. Not that exciting, my friend. I present to you my favorite perfect veggie pairings: hummus, Trader Joe’s Vegan Pesto, guacamole, Kite Hill cream cheese, and salsa. You can’t lose with this healthy triad. You can buy it pre-made at your grocery store, order them when dining out, or make on your own. Either way they are a delicious way to make your vegetables the best part of your meal.
If you’d like additional guidance, contact me today for a free 20 minute consultation. I’d LOVE to help you fall in love with healthy food! CLICK HERE!