3 Delish Smoothie Recipes
June 24, 2019
Soup up your smoothie to feel happy, healthy + full 🥤
If you follow me on the gram, you may have noticed that I am the self proclaimed smoothie queen!
Since my diagnosis of IBS 10+ years ago, I’ve learned that smoothies are gentle on the digestive track and an easy way to flood the body with high nutrient foods first thing in the morning. Plus, they’re totally delish making smoothies a win-win-win in my book.
Often when I share a smoothie recipe with my client, they will tell me smoothies never fill them up or that they’re not into the idea of a liquid breakfast. I hear that, but it’s because their previous smoothie formulas have been OFF.
Most smoothie recipes are not properly balanced and therefore cause your blood sugar to spike and crash. You must include a healthy fat + protein in your smoothie to avoid this roller coaster ride.
I’m also a fan of T-H-I-C-K and C-R-E-A-M-Y smoothies, so I have to eat it with a spoon. This makes it feel less like a liquid breakfast and to be honest more like a bowl of ice cream!
OK, enough of the chit-chat, you get the picture and it’s your lucky day because I’ve got three balanced smoothie recipes that will keep you happy, healthy, and full 👇
Pretty In Pink
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 Banana (optional)
- Frozen pitaya packet (found @ frozen section of Whole Foods)
- Handful of frozen berries
- 1 Tbsp of coconut butter
- 1 serving unsweetened vanilla protein powder
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup frozen cauliflower
- 1 scoop collagen powder (optional)
- Directions: Add all ingredients in the blender and blend baby blend! Top with a scoop of plain yogurt, coconut flakes, cacao nibs, and berries if you’re feeling a little extra!
Tropical Turmeric Twister
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 5 pieces frozen/fresh mango
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Grind of black pepper (activates turmeric)
- Large handful of spinach
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp hemp seeds
- Add all ingredients in the blender and hit on (incase you need a true step-by-step 🤣)
- Top with a sprinkle of extra cinnamon and drink with a metal straw if you want to feel like a hippy hipster.
- *Black pepper is added because it ups the bioavailability of curcumin (compound found in turmeric) and therefore helps absorption! You can’t taste it!
Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1 heaping TBSP raw cacao powder
- Serving of clean chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 avocado
- One cup frozen zucchini or cauliflower (optional – if not using, replace with a handful of ice cubes to get the right texture)
- 1 tbsp of chia or flax seeds
- 1 tbsp of organic peanut butter
- It’s difficult to find frozen zucchini, so I recommend washing, peeling, chopping 4-5 zucchinis and stashing them in your freezer so they’re ready to rock at smoothie o’clock.
- Add everything EXCEPT THE CHIA SEEDS to your blender and swirl up a storm. Stir in the chia seeds and top with a drizzle of EXTRA peanut butter.
Alright, get to it! Let me hear what you think of these bad boys in the comments below…