You heard me right! Beans in your brownies, but I promise you won’t even know they’re there. Plus, you’re going to feel awesome after devouring 1, 2, or OK maybe 3, because they are healthy and tasty as can be.
What more do you want?
- 1 can chickpeas, drained/ rinsed
- 1/2 c. nut butter (almond, peanut butter, or sun-butter)
- 1/4-1/2 c. organic maple syrup (raw honey or 6-8 dates)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour (oat or almond flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk (as much as needed)
- Few shakes of sea salt
- 1/2 cup @lilys_sweets 🍫 chips or Eating Evolved
MAKE IT HAPPEN:
① Preheat oven to 350F.
② In a food processor, blend chickpeas, nut butter, sweetener, coconut oil, and vanilla.
③ Once blended, add in flour, cacao, baking soda, and salt. If mixture is too dry, add 1/4 cup almond milk and mix until batter looks similar to a cake mix.
④ Once combined, stir in chocolate chips.
⑤ Scoop batter into parchment paper lined 8×8 pan (or greased with coconut oil) and spread evenly with your hands or a rubber spatula. Sprinkle extra chocolate on top. Note – the batter may be a little sticky, but that’s OK. Bake for 20-25 min.
⑥ Serve with a glass of @oatly milk and you will be living your best dang life.