When was the last time you had a sloppy joe?
I think mine was maybe middle school??… in the school cafeteria no less (cringe)!? I made them for dinner recently and here we are on this recipe page because the were absolutely delicious!
Not only were they tastier than I remember, but also ridiculously easy to make (a one pot, easy clean-up situation). I snuck a few extra veggies in to make them Walk On The Healthy Side approved.
Give this recipe a go and shoot me a message on Instagram to tell me if you’ll be adding it to your dinner rotation.
- 3/4 yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/3 cup organic ketchup (I used Sir Kensington)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 4 buns (I used Happy Camper’s Gluten-Free Buns)
MAKE IT HAPPEN:
① In a large sauce pan, sauté ground beef for about 3-5 minutes, breaking it up as it cooks. Add in veggies and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
② Add remaining ingredients and cover with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
③ Once done, toast the buns and add sloppy joe mixture inside each bun. Serve with veggies or green salad for a satisfying healthy meal.